The Elphin Food and Craft Market showcases local crafts and produce, offering residents and tourists ‘the best of the west’. Priority is given to producers from the Elphin, Ledmore and Knockan area, but stallholders are invited from throughout West Sutherland and Wester Ross.
- Produce and products offered for sale should be produced within West Sutherland and Wester Ross. The market committee has the discretion to invite additional stalls which have a local interest and are appropriate to the market, subject to approval by the ELKCAL Directors.
- To maintain a broad range of products and avoid duplication, producers must state their main craft category. Producers should ask the market committee if they want to start selling a new line, and provide photographs or samples if neccessary.
- If applications are received from several producers offering the same or similar goods at the market priority will be given to the more local producers. The market committee’s decision will be final regarding which applicants take part. Producers excluded because of this rule will be offered an alternative date for participation wherever possible.
- Produce should be artisanal and meet the standard set by other stalls.
- Producers must hold valid business insurance. This will be checked annually.
- Food producers are responsible for complying with local and national laws and regulations regarding the production, labelling, display, storage and sale of goods. All producers should comply with the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995, the Food Safety (Temperature Control) Regulations 1995 and the Food Safety Act 1990.
- The Market will be open to the public from 10.00 am to 4.00pm (producers to arrive by 9.00 am). Stalls must not be cleared away before 4.00pm without prior agreement of the market committee.
- A donation of £10.00 per stall is suggested to cover the running costs of the market, including advertising, electricity and stallholder’s refreshments.
- After unloading, producers are requested to move their vehicles to a designated area.
- Producers are kindly asked to help tidy up the market area at the end of the day and to dispose of all rubbish in the bags provided.
- The market committee’s decisions on all the above rules and all other matters concerning the market are final and binding.
- The Event Organiser will alert stall holders on the day of the market to the Health & Safety and Fire procedures of Elphin, Ledmore & Knockan Community Association Ltd.
Approved: February 2014
Review: February 2015