CHILD PROTECTION AND VULNERABLE ADULTS POLICY STATEMENT
Elphin, Ledmore & Knockan Community Association Ltd is fully committed to promoting the rights of children, young people and vulnerable adults, notably their right to be protected from harm, abuse and exploitation and to be involved in any decisions that directly affect them.
Elphin, Ledmore & Knockan Community Association Ltd has a duty of care to implement effective policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. In order to achieve this we will endeavour to keep up to date with national developments relating to the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Elphin, Ledmore & Knockan Community Association Ltd will:
- Ensure that all members taking responsibility in a child care situation (as defined in schedule 2 of PoCSA) are checked against the Disqualified from Working with Children’s List
- Ensure that all members have details of the organisation’s Child Protection officer, contact details and role within the organization
- Ensure that all members understand their obligations to report care or protection concerns about a child/young person/vulnerable adult, to the organizations designated child protection person for child protection
- Ensure all members receive information on the relevant legislation that the organisation must adhere to, for example the Protection of Children (Scotland) Act 2003)
- Ensure that children, young people and vulnerable adults are enabled to express their ideas and views on a wide range of issues and will have access to the organisation’s policies and procedures including the Complaints procedure.
Agreed by the Committee of Directors : October 2011
Review date: October 2012